- Improvements to the pre-4.0 settings importer, and making it more obvious that it exists.
- Basic tutorial 3 has gotten a heavy revamp.
- Space tank balance is completely redone.
- Control group double-and-triple presses work again.
- The keybinding screen now binds based off keypresses rather than making you choose from a massive list (yay!).
- Tip of the Day on the main menu! If you have last-minute ones you want to get into 4.0, let us know! We'll still be taking suggestions post-4.0, too, of course.
- The intro story and credits now play on the main menu, and the credits have been updated a lot.
- Lightning turrets are now a lot more useful.
- Armored golems, botnet golems, and artillery golems are no longer self-damaging when they attack, and have otherwise been rebalanced to account for that change. Now none of the golems cause AIP increases or self-inflicted damage from attacks. Again: yay!
- Vampire armor is a thing of the past (man that was too tough).
- Many various other bugfixes and a tad of performance tuning.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
AI War Beta 3.908 Released - 4.0 Release Candidate One!
This huge release has a lot of good stuff, and it's one of the last pre-official-4.0 versions. The main outstanding item we have left is the intermediate tutorial, and everything is fixes and minor tweaks. The shortlist of what's new in this one: