- Lots of refinements to the galaxy map and other parts of the interface.
- The guardians scale much better based on the AI difficulty levels. The prior sole way these functioned is now considered difficulty 8, for the very hardcore subset. Rejoice, rejoice! ;)
- Some other bugs that made things too hard also were fixed.
- The achievements and the high scores windows are now in place.
- A new music track for the base game, called "The Next Chapter," is now in. That's the last one for 4.0!
- For those who had been fussing about starfield density, this release should be pleasing.
- A variety of bugfixes, including making sure flak isn't a death squad.
- Making mouse wheel zoom function again for people with really low sensitivity mouse wheels.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
AI War Beta 3.800, "The Refinery," Released!
Well, the release notes for this one are immense. I mean, really really immense. At the risk of seeming terse, I'm just largely going to point you to those, because the fixes and tweaks are all over the place and I'm running really short on time, anyway. But, some of the most exciting points:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
MY steam version still says i'm at 3.189?ReplyDelete
You need to download the beta from:ReplyDelete
Then use the in game updater to update to this release.
Good luck, and have fun. :)
Also make sure to uninstall your steam version first.ReplyDelete
Thank you, I will. Will this ever be updated with steam any time soon?ReplyDelete
Monday -- this is still a beta, and we don't release our betas on Steam. But, the official comes out on the 25th. :)ReplyDelete
Hey Christopher, i've got two questions for ya. What exactly is it that comes out the 25th? And about this new 4.0 version, is that the technical name of the new expansion pack, considering it adds so much new stuff?ReplyDelete
4.0 is a new version of the base game, free to all existing customers. It's what's in beta right now, as 3.800, etc. 4.0 will just be when it is officially launched to everyone as a non-beta product.ReplyDelete
Also on the 25th, the Children of Neinzul expansion comes out. You won't be able to play an official version of that without upgrading to 4.0, same as The Zenith Remnant required the 3.0 version of the base game.
Thank you. So does that mean that you'll have 4.0 ready on the 25th as well, so people can buy and play CoN?ReplyDelete
Sure thing. And yes, those both release at the same time.ReplyDelete
Wow, you sure have worked hard to pull all that off in such a short time. I'm really looking forward to it!ReplyDelete
Joint effort, me and Keith. But yeah, it's been a massive undertaking. As he said, "your projects never seem to disappoint for challenge."ReplyDelete